Why I’m running to be your State Representative, District 30B
I’m running to represent Elk River, Otsego, Oak Grove, and Nowthen in the Minnesota House of Representatives. Endorsements make great social media posts when you are running for public office, but at the end of the day, I’m running to represent the people of district 30B, not a party agenda, or special interest group’s agenda. During this campaign, I have gone out of my way to personally meet and get to know voters, candidates, and elected officials from all backgrounds and points of view. I have heard a range of concerns and hopes to be addressed in the 2023 legislative session. One hot topic is related to schools, both school funding and keeping our kids safe at school. Next, I have heard a lot about fighting inflation and cutting taxes. Finally, I have heard from voters that want to keep abortion safe, legal, and rare in Minnesota. As your Minnesota State Representative, I pledge to take these concerns and hopes to the Legislature. Too much of our politics these days is confrontational. Common-sense solutions get lost in the bickering. There are 134 members of the Minnesota House of Representatives, I’m interested in building relationships and partnerships to find common ground and get things done. I ask for your vote on November 8th.
2023 Legislative Priorities
- Work to secure funding for mental health counselors for ISD 728.
- Work to eliminate Minnesota’s Social Security Income tax.
- Keep abortion safe, legal, and rare in Minnesota.
- Deer Hunting
- Pheasant Hunting
- Muskie Fishing
- Walleye Fishing
- Volunteering at Church
- Volunteer at Feed my Starving Children
- Volunteer at Free Grace United Recovery
Leadership in the Community
- Local Business Owner
- Former Elk River Youth Hockey Coach
- Former Youth Football Coach
- Regular Volunteer at Free Grace United Church, Elk River
- Past National Night Out Block Party “Captain”
- BNI, Business Networking International
- Muskie’s Inc. (Fishing/Conservation/Catch and Release)
- CWA (Union) past member
- UFCW (Union) past member
- University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, MN
- BA: Major in History, Minor in English, 1996
- Sophia University, Tokyo, Japan (Study Abroad),
- Second Major in Japanese Studies (Fluent) 1994-1996
- Free Grace United College, Diploma in Biblical Studies, 2016